Having made your beef bone stock, you’re ready to make this cold-night soup. It’s even better if it’s cold and rainy. Serves 4-6.
Sausage & Kale Soup
- 1 JVF link sausage
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. Butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 T minced garlic
- 6 cups beef stock
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 12 oz fresh kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
- Cut sausage link into 16 pieces. Warm a 5 qt soup pot on medium heat
- Add oil and butter. Cook sausage until done, remove. Sauté onion, potatoes and garlic until softened.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer
- Add sausage and kale and simmer for 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in warmed bowls.