- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced approx.
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- ½ bag frozen green beans
- ½ bag frozen sweet peas
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce OR 1 15 oz. can + one can Rotel chilis and tomato for more spice
- chili powder, to taste
- ground cumin, to taste
- 1-2 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- soy sauce, to taste
- dried marjoram, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat, and cook the ground pork until evenly browned. Reserving the juices in the skillet, remove pork, and set aside.
- Stir the onions and garlic into the skillet, and cook in the pork juices over medium heat until limp but not brown. Because Jolie Vue pork is so lean, I add more olive oil if needed.
- Add the bell pepper and sauté until pepper starts to get tender, then mix in the mushrooms. Stir until mushrooms are done like you like them.
- Return the pork to the skillet with the sautéed vegetables. Mix in the tomato sauce and Rotel, if spicy chili is desired. Add the frozen peas and green beans. Season with chili powder, cumin, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, marjoram and salt to taste. Reduce heat, and simmer 30-45 minutes to heat through and allow the flavors to blend.
This is a complete meal in a bowl chock full of vegetables and your fantastic forested pork. Enjoy!